FAQs for Singapore Trademark Registration
- Secures exclusive right to use the logo and slogan in your business operations
- Protects against unauthorised use of your logo and slogan for commercial gain
- Gives you the right to recover damages and compensation from an infringer
- Provides a source of revenue when you license it to a third party
- Increases the perceived quality and market value of your company and product identity
Proposed Trademarks that are:
- Devoid of distinctive character
- Merely descriptive of the actual products or services
- Names of widely-known proper names and geographical locations
- Generic words (such as television, computer, etc)
- Likely to cause confusion between similar products or services
- Perceived to be deceptive, hurtful or obscene
are likely not registrable.
A registered Singapore trademark is valid for 10 years from the date of application. It can be renewed indefinitely for 10 years at a time.
Depending on how well your proposed trademark meets the registration criteria, the entire registration process can take up to 12 months.
Multi-Class Trademark Registration has been available in Singapore since 2007. It allows one application to cover goods and/or services in more than one international class.