What are the benefits of registering a trademark?-
- Secures exclusive right to use the logo and slogan in your business operations
- Protects against unauthorised use of your logo and slogan for commercial gain
- Gives you the right to recover damages and compensation from an infringer
- Provides a source of revenue when you license it to a third party
- Increases the perceived quality and market value of your company and product identity
What types of trademarks can I register?-
- Stylized logos
- Slogans / Catchphrases
- Word Marks / Character Marks
- Series Marks
What type of trademarks are not registrable?-
- Devoid of distinctive character
- Merely descriptive of the actual products or services
- Names of widely-known proper names and geographical locations
- Generic words (such as television, computer, etc)
- Likely to cause confusion between similar products or services
- Perceived to be deceptive, hurtful or obscene
How long does it take for a Singapore trademark registration?-
The entire registration process can take up 6-12 months. Examination phase will take about 4 months, followed by 2 months where it is published.
Approval and trademark registration would be completed after 6 months if no office response is required.
What is the validity of the Singapore trademark registration?-
A registered Singapore trademark is valid for 10 years from the date of application.
It can be renewed indefinitely for 10 years at a time.