Quick Glance: Common Business Licenses & Permits for Singapore Companies

Advertising Sign/ Signboard Licence: All businesses intending to display any outdoor sign such as an advertisement or directional sign, signboard, animated billboard, balloon sign or banner are required to obtain a licence from BCA — Building and Construction Authority (BCA)

Estate Agent Licence and Salesperson Registration: To conduct estate agency work such as marketing, buying, selling and/or leasing properties for third parties — Council for Estate Agencies (CEA)

Tobacco Retail Licence: For the retail of tobacco products — Health Sciences Authority (HSA)

Certificate of Registration and Hotel-keeper’s Licence: For premises with 4 or more rooms to carry out the business of providing accommodation as a hotel — Hotels Licensing Board (HLB)

Licence for the Provision of Broadcasting Services
Licence for the Distribution / Exhibition of Films
Licence/Permit for Newspaper & Printing Press
Licence for the Provision of Arts Entertainment Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA)

GST Registration: GST is a broad-based consumption tax levied on the import of goods (collected by Singapore Customs), as well as nearly all supplies of goods and services in Singapore — Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS)

Bus Service Licence (BSL)
Bus Service Operator’s Licence (BSOL)Land Transport Authority (LTA)

Halal Certification: This application allows you to make a new Halal certification application for your business — Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura (MUIS)

Harbour Craft Licence
Harbour Craft Manning Licence
Permit to Break-up a Vessel in Port
Permit to Launch a New Vessel in Port
Permit to Lay-Up a Vessel in Port — Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)

Application for Permit to conduct Fund-Raising Appeal for Foreign Charitable Purposes
Registering A New Charity or IPC StatusMinistry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY)

Hospital Licence
Medical Clinic Licence
Nursing Home LicenceMinistry of Health (MOH)

Registry of SocietiesMinistry of Home Affairs (MHA)

Moneylender’s Licence
Pawnbroker’s LicenceMinistry of Law (MINLAW)

Employment Agency Licence
Work Passes and PermitsMinistry of Manpower (MOM)

Application for Money Broker
Finance Company Licence
Money-Changer’s Licence
Trust Business LicenceMonetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)

Fund raising PermitNational Council of Social Service (NCSS)

Cleaning Business Licence
Fumigation Permit
Funeral Parlour LicenceNational Environment Agency (NEA)

CITES Permit
Non-CITES CertificateNational Parks Board (NParks)

Plumber Licence: Application to be a Licensed Plumber to carry out water service and sanitary plumbing works — Public Utilities Board (PUB)

Application for Temporary Fire Permit / Fire Safety Certificate
Plan Approval For Fire Safety WorksSingapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF)

Food Export Certificate
Food Shop Licence
Food Stall Licence
Hawker Stall Licence
Supermarket Licence
Licence to Operate a Food Processing EstablishmentSingapore Food Agency (SFA)

Application of Registering Property
Temporary Occupation LicensesSingapore Land Authority (SLA)

Public Entertainment Licence
Class 5 – Temporary Liquor Licence
Liquor Licence (Class 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, 4)
Liquor Licence – Extension of Operating Hours
Liquor Consumption Permit
Massage Establishment Licence
Massage Establishment Licence- Employee RegistrationSingapore Police Force (SPF)

Visit VentureHaven’s Singapore New Company Industry Guides for more information.