Local Enterprise and Association Development (LEAD) Grant
Grant Agency: SPRING Singapore
Commonly known as LEAD
Official Site: https://www.spring.gov.sg/developing-industries/industry-initiatives/lead/pages/local-enterprise-and-association-development.aspx
- To enhance both industry’s and enterprise’s competitiveness and global outreach. This is carried out through focused and company-unique government partnerships with trade associations and chambers(TA/Cs).
Areas under the LEAD support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Expertise & Managerial Competence
- Business Collaboration
- Intelligence & Research
- Advisory & Consultancy
Eligible cost under the LEAD support
- Manpower-related cost
- Equipment & material cost
- Professional service*
- Business development costs
- Intellectual property costs
Eligible areas under the LEAD+ support
- Improve management of TA/Cs
- Improve processes of TA/Cs
- Creation of new services to provide higher value
TA/Cs under this scheme will have to support SMEs in building their capabilities. They also have to lead the development of solutions which can resolve common challenges faced by companies in the industry.
Under this scheme, 70% of the costs will be covered.
*Consultants have to be recognized by SPRING
Only Singapore industry associations, business associations and chambers of commerce, which is known as a whole as trade association and chambers (TA/Cs), can apply
Criteria of TA/Cs:
- Represent an important industry in the economy
- Have a sizable membership which represents the industry
- Is accomplished in helping Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Project taken must not have started time of application
TA/Cs must also meet the following criteria for LEAD+:
- TA/Cs under this scheme will have to support SMEs in building their capabilities
- Lead the development of solutions which can resolve common challenges faced by companies in the industry.
TA/Cs looking for LEAD and LEAD+ support for consultancy-related costs will have to engage SPRING-recognized certification consultant.
You will have to submit a LEAD grant proposal.
Criteria of proposal
- Detailed roadmap of project implementation
- Detailed explanation of how the sector will benefit from this project
- State how much funds you are willing to put in
- State the period of implementation (not more than 3 years)
- Contain project that are able to improve industry competence
- Willing to accept participation by SMEs and non-association members
End Date of Grant